AWS Cloud Architect
Full time / Permanent
Location: Mississauga, ON
Vision33 Inc. is a global IT professional services consultancy that solves customer business challenges through the promise of technology and the value it delivers. We partner with growing and large organizations in both the public and private sectors to understand their vision and help them reach it with the right blend of strategy, consulting, and technology. Vision33 global team of results-driven resources provide world-class experience through our office locations in North America and Europe.
As part of our strategic growth plan, Vision33 is looking to complement our talented team with the addition of an AWS Cloud Architect. Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, IT and Cloud, you will have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Vision33’s cloud offering and development systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid ‘hands-on’ background in deploying and managing enterprise solutions in AWS with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment management tasks and optimize AWS efficiency’s such as Reserved Instance management.
Being part of the team that owns the V33 Cloud road map, you will act as the liaison to nurture and develop our existing relationship with our partner, AWS. You will play a role as part of our ongoing Cloud sales messaging, positioning and approach with our clients. You will provide technical direction and insight for our solution delivery as well as ensuring that we have the right support services in place to provide an exceptional customer experience. Key to your success will be your collaboration with the other managers within the V33 organization. You must be a true builder of Cloud-based businesses, particularly around the delivery of infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a history of optimizing and managing AWS environments. While having a clear understanding of the intricacies of the back-end networking needs of an AWS environment.
- AWS Cloud Architect Professional Certification required;
- At least one year of hands on AWS experience;
- Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, CloudFormation, and other core AWS technologies;
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture;
- Docker/ECS experience is required;
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using tools such as git, Maven, Bamboo, etc;
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc);
- Strong background in RHEL/CentOS systems administration;
- Skill to build smart, efficient, scripting in languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby;
- design a system for monitoring and reporting, based on our unique product needs (e.g. Nagios, Graphite, Cacti, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Splunk, Graylog etc);
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana a plus;
- A successful previous migration to AWS is a plus, including “on-prem to cloud” or “cloud to cloud” scenarios;
- Proven experience using VPN technologies to build secure networks between the AWS Cloud and on-premise or other external networks;
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider; and
- You act independently when necessary, creating and executing plans for maintenance and implementation.
- Verify and monitor cloud and on premises environments and respond to issues as they arise, adding new monitoring as needed;
- Work with development and product teams to ensure processes progress all the way through maturity. Recommend alternate choices and trade-offs for various design decisions;
- Document and work with other members of the operations team to cross-train on AWS deployments as they occur;
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures, including those for managing AWS RI’s, EC2 backups (AMI’s, snapshots);
- Build tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks;
- Be part of an on-call rotation for afterhours emergency response;
- Investigate performance and process failures and work to improve them; and
- Stay apprised of new developments in both AWS and operations, help in determining how and when those would affect and/or improve our architecture.
We offer a competitive total rewards program including: compensation and incentive plans, training and development, paid-vacation, retirement plans, health and wellness programs and other employee benefits. Along with our extensive total rewards package, we offer exciting opportunities for global and diverse project opportunities, internal mobility, travel, and so much more. If you want to get involved in an environment where you can really make a difference and where you can apply your knowledge to achieve results and work with an award-winning global IT professional services organization; please submit an online application today.
For more information on our company please visit our web site at www.vision33.com