Product Solutions Architect – AWS Cloud
Full Time / Permanent
Location: Open East Coast Canada Region
Vision33 is a global IT professional services consultancy that solves customer business challenges through the promise of technology and the value it delivers. We partner with growing and large organizations in both the public and private sectors to understand their vision and help them reach it with the right blend of strategy, consulting, and technology. Vision33's global team of results-driven resources provide world-class experience through our office locations in North America and Europe.
Due to our continued growth and success, we have an opening on our Innovations, Cloud and Client Care team for a Product Solutions Architect possessing deep AWS Cloud architecture expertise.
- Working closely with the Principal Architect, Product Delivery Manager and other Solution Architects, you will oversee and guide the technical architecture of our products. You will be responsible for designing the solution architecture focused on large scale AWS Cloud Solutions, identifying key technological opportunities and risks, while planning the overall technical delivery of the solution.
- Investigate new and innovative technologies to meet the requirements of our products. This includes finding alternatives, conducting secondary research, writing small proof-of-concept solutions and providing evaluations and recommendations back to the team. You will then lead the team in the adoption of these technologies in our products and throughout our development team. There will be a strong focus on building and managing a large, multi-tenant microservices and serverless based application at scale, including security, disaster recovery and operations.
- Help drive continuous process improvement of our software development lifecycle with the evolution our automated build and release pipeline processes.
- Participate in the design of our products, including gaining a strong understanding of the key business requirements and helping in the specification of requirements and associated technical solutions.
- Lead and mentor members of our product development team to effectively implement architected solutions. This includes running daily stand-ups, conducting code reviews and providing direct guidance to developers.
- Communicate effectively with technical and business level clients, senior management, consultants, project managers, analysts and developers.
- Work with key customers, consultants and other external stakeholders to gather feedback, drive adoption and ensure the success of our products and solutions.
- Conduct necessary research on technology trends and best practice solutions for product development. This includes providing leadership and direction on dev\ops and establishing policies on all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Assign tasks, monitor activities and mentor a team of developers while providing hands-on expertise in coding and product development.
- Drive the development and adoption of technical innovations by keeping ahead of trends in Cloud, Serverless, Web and mobile platforms.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT related field with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- 5 years plus experience designing business systems, web applications and leading development.
- Should have a good understanding of business processes and supporting applications.
- Experience developing and maintaining large scale, cloud-based solutions with a strong preference for experience with AWS services (e.g. DynamoDB, Cognito, SQS\SNS, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with Toolsets/Frameworks/Platforms: ASP.NET MVC, Angular 2+ or other modern web frameworks (e.g. React, Vue.js), AWS, Docker, Swagger, Serverless architecture, Micro-services, etc.
- Familiar with source control systems such Git with experience managing pull requests and conducting code reviews.
- Exposure working with automated build software and CI/CD environments.
- Expertise with OOP, design patterns, and application architecture.
- AWS Cloud Architect Professional Certification would be considered an asset.
- Advanced technical knowledge and thorough understanding of architectural standards, best practices, development methodologies, systems, and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts.
- Experience with SAP Business One and Vision33 Innovation’s products would be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive total rewards program including: training and development, paid vacation and leaves, retirement plans, health and wellness programs, compensative reward programs and other employee benefits. If you want to get involved in an environment where you can really make a difference and where you can apply your knowledge to achieve results and work with an award-winning global IT professional services organization; please submit an online application today.
For more information about Vision33, visit www.vision33.com.